It’s Bloggiesta time and I’m participating for the first time. Yay!
First, what is Bloggiesta?
In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!
This is my first time participating in Bloggiesta so, like all things Lisa, it’s going to be a complete failure. I never do well my first time at anything. BUT! I’ll feel accomplished even if I get one or two things done, so all is well. I only have, like, one important thing to do this weekend (not counting a readalong that starts on Sunday!) so I’m sure I’ll have lots of free time to tackle the things I’ve been avoiding. Yay!
The List (it looks worse than it is… sorta):
- Write at least 5 reviews || wrote 3 of 5
Update review archives/book list
- Finish adding alt text to images
- Format and schedule posts
The Loop review Fire with Fire review Find Me review
- American Girl on Saturn review/tour
- HS discussion
- Top Ten Tuesday (at least 3 in advance)
- Waiting on Wednesday (at least 3 in advance)
- Reformat/fix old reviews
- Connect series reviews (links within)
Add a “Waiting On” list to Goodreads
- Add a “debut author” list to Goodreads
- Write at least 2 discussion posts
- Update reading challenges
Debut Author Challenge YA Contemporary Challenge
- Book Bingo
- Update review policy (?)
- Add existing reviews to Amazon (and other websites?)
- Write a Banned Books Week post (?)
Participate in at least 2 challenges
I’m excited. Let’s do this!
So I did pretty horrible like I thought I would. To be completely honest, I didn’t really work on blog stuff as much as I wanted to and that’s why not much got done. Now that I know how Bloggiesta works for me, though, I can plan better for the next one. (Also, I wrote three reviews in, like, an hour. Yes!)