Oh my gosh it took me a million years to fill this out. I kept getting lazy or busy or WHATEVER. But here it is! I’m not going to reread anything I answered, so hopefully it’s not too much of a mess. Haha.
Number of Books You Read: 71 (manga included)
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Manga, probably. I didn’t read very many novels. 😦
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Just One Year was really good. Girl of Nightmares and A Monster Calls were also great.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
We Were Liars and Dear Killer. They weren’t /bad/, but I didn’t like them as much as I was hoping I would.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
I don’t think anything really blew my mind. Dangerous Girls was probably the most surprising, but that’s stretching it.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Not really anything. Boo!
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
I started Under the Never Sky. I liked it, but I still haven’t read the last book. Oops! I also read the entire Boys Over Flowers manga. I feel like that was a feat. Haha.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
I read my first Patrick Ness book this year and it was super good. 😍
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t actually have too much of a “comfort zone”. I don’t even know how to answer this. XD
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Rain by Amanda Sun. I really like this series. More more more!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I aaactually don’t re-read too often. I feel like I don’t have the time.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Honestly, I’m reading Clockwork Princess right now and all I can think about it Jem, Will, and Tessa.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Am I the only one that doesn’t pay too much attention to the way things are written? Or at least I don’t store it in my brain forever.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I don’t know if it was life-changing, but A Monster Calls was just so good.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Mmm, My Life Next Door might be good for this question. It was on my TBR for AGES.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
[MIGHT STOP BEING LAZY AND ADD SOMETHING HERE LATER]
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
(only novels are included in this)
Shortest: Weetzie Bat, 113 pages – Longest: City of Lost Souls, 535 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I wasn’t shocked, but I was pretty confused by Dangerous Girls.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Oh wow. I just realized I don’t actually have one. Oh no! Maybe it’s just Willem and Allyson 5ever.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Roar and anyone else in Under the Never Sky.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Just One Year! And Girl of Nightmares was really good too.
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Dangerous Girls, without a doubt. (Oh wait, I just realized it said BEST book and this one really wouldn’t be my choice, but it’s the only one I read because of other people. Oh well.)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Oh my god, like all of them. I have found again my love for Will and Jem.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
I’m not sure I read any debuts. 😱
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I feel like a slacker. I don’t even really pay attention to world building. I’m sure I feel it while I’m reading, but I’m always getting bored when places are being described and everything.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Hyperbole and a Half!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
I don’t really remember either of them, but I know Not a Drop to Drink and All the Truth That’s In Me both made me cry.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Mm, there weren’t any. 😔
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
A Monster Calls did that for me. Oh man.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Two Boys Kissing was told in a way I had never read before. It was good.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Just One Year. Always, always so close. I wanted to scream sometimes. Hahaha.
~~~SKIPPING THE BLOGGING SECTION BECAUSE I WAS A HORRIBLE BLOGGER IN 2014~~~
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
The Cure for Dreaming. I’m sorry, Cat Winters! I love you~
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
I actually don’t have any idea what’s going on in the bookish community lately. I’m excited to see what’s up with Cassandra Clare’s new series, though. AND SAINT ANYTHING. I LOVE YOU, SARAH DESSEN!!
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
See Part 1 of above answer. Oops.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
I’m so ready for Lair of Dreams, the sequel to The Diviners. GIMMIE GIMMIE!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Actually read/blog, maybe? Sigh.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
N/A – I haven’t read anything.